International Tabletop Day 2019
Tabletop Day 2019
What Happens Here?
Join us as we host International Tabletop Day, the annual celebration for all the fans of tabletop gaming.
What is the Format?
We have a variety of games running in the store throughout the day. Bring your friends and family if you like, meet some new friends, play your favorite games, and try some new ones! You can try out the games we have scheduled, bring your own games to play, or rent games from our board game rental library for tabletop gaming fun all day long.
Are There Prizes?
International TableTop Day is meant to be an open, casual, gaming event. As such, prizes are not awarded to the winners of each game. HOWEVER, there are a ton of various promo items available throughout the day. Stay tuned for more information about what you can get and how you can get it.
What do I Need to Bring?
Nothing, unless you specifically want to play a particular game. We will have plenty of games set up throughout the day with someone there to teach you how to play. Friends, family, and your sense of grand fun are optional, but all highly encouraged.
What Games Are Being Featured in This Tabletop Day?
Events are being added often! Once an event is scheduled, we will post it on our website for all to see! If there is something specific you are interested in running, look below to find out how to register to run an event. Otherwise, keep checking back here to see our growing list of events below:
- 10:00 AM: A Call to Adventure - Demo
- 10:00 AM: Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia - Demo
- 12:00 PM: Transformers Trading Card Game - Demo
- 12:00 PM: Battletech - Demo
- 1:00 PM: King of Tokyo - Demo
- 1:00 PM: Pathfinder Society - Demo
- 1:00 PM: Starfinder - Demo
- 2:00 PM: The Resistance - Demo
- 4:00 PM: Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins - Demo
- 4:00 PM: Ascension: Deckbuilding Game - Demo
- 4:00 PM: Heroes Welcome - Demo
- 4:00 PM: Trekking the National Parks - Demo
- 4:00 PM: Dice Forge: Rebellion - Demo
- 5:00 PM: DUST 1947 - Demo
- 6:00 PM: Dungeon Mayhem - Demo
- 6:00 PM: Mysterium - Demo
- 8:00 PM: Battle Kittens - Demo
- 8:00 PM: Tiny Towns - Demo
- 8:00 PM: Warhammer 40K: Kill Team - Demo
- More games coming soon!
What About What I Normally Play on Saturdays?
Everything that usually happens on Saturdays, is still be happening - just a bunch more will be going on as well. That means Pokemon League, DUST Demos, and Board Game Night will be going on like usual. You won't miss any chance to play your favorite game, but it will be a great day to try out something new!
What Sort of Games Can I Host?
Any tabletop game can be part of International TableTop Day at the Little Shop of Magic. You can run just about anything you want, but here are some ideas of what works best for the way we are running our day. You should consider picking something that can be easily and quickly explained, in fifteen minutes or so. Short games or demos of longer games are preferred, this will allow a greater number of players a chance to try out each game. We prefer that you choose games that are currently in print, as it is disappointing for new players to find out the game they just fell in love with isn't available. Games should be appropriate for players of all ages; family friendly is always an emphasis at the Little Shop of Magic.
What Does It Take to Host A Game?
- Have an interest and desire to share a game (or games) with fellow gamers.
- Please fill out the registration form, located here (Please indicate in the form that you intend for your event to be part of the International Tabletop Day festivities).
- Show up on event day with enough time to set up your game to be ready to go at your start time.
- Teach interested parties how to play
- Be willing to answer questions about your game
- Have fun!
Want to help but don't have a game in mind or have too many ideas?
Talk to us, we can give some suggestion of games we would like to see featured or help your narrow down your choices.
What are TableTop Games?
Tabletop games are any games played face to face and don't need to be plugged-in. Tabletop games fall into several catergories: Board Games, Collectiable Card Games, Role-Playing Games, and Miniature Games. Typically played on a table, table top games are all about player interaction in REAL LIFE and in REAL TIME.
What Is International Tabletop Day?
International Tabletop Day is a day where the whole world is brought together with the common purpose of spending time together and having fun. Whether you are conquering Cthulhu in a game of Arkham Horror, crawling through the depths of the Underdark in Dungeons & Dragons, making runs on servers in Android: Netrunner, or killing the enemies of mankind in Warhammer; International TableTop Day at Little Shop of Magic is sure to be a great time for everyone!
|Event Date||06-01-2019 10:15 am|
|Event End Date||06-01-2019 10:45 pm|
|Location||Little Shop of Magic|